Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Made-Its ~ Lots of Pictures and Lots of Freebies!

Hello and happy Monday to you!  Sadly, many of the super cute and creative Pinterest ideas must be put on the back burner as we all prepare for a new school year.  I have linked up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for yet another Monday Made-It linky.
Everything I made this week was computer generated and I think I went through Mod Podge withdrawl!  It was time to get to some of the more boring practical things that needed to be done.

Monday Made-It: #1 ~ Daily Folders
These are everywhere on the internet and on TpT so it is not an original idea.  I saw the example from the Clutter-Free Classroom and knew it was time to revamp mine.  I wanted some colour so I remade the labels to match the colours in my classroom ~ I like bright!  In the past I have used cardstock folders but they are a mess by Christmas.  This year I bought plastic 3-prong folders with 2 pockets with the hopes that they will make it through the year {fingers crossed}.  I read a suggestion to use Mod Podge to affix the labels to the folders and page protectors ~ DO NOT do that!  This was a waste of time because it just peels off the plastic.  So I printed the labels, laminated them, cut them out, and used a glue runner to stick them to the folders.  I bought purple folders {they look blue in the pictures} from Staples.

I put 2 page protectors in the middle.  The first one is for signed forms and money.  I put a velcro tab at the top so nothing falls out.  The second one will hold our monthly calendar and monthly newsletter.
The left pocket is labelled "return to school" - sorry it's hard to see.

The right pocket is labelled "keep at home" ~ brutal picture!

And these babies will be housed by the door in this cutsie bin!!









And because I love you for taking the time to stop by ~ you can get a copy of all the labels {editable!} by clicking HERE.   Just a note:  The font doesn't look right when you first see it in Google Docs but once you download it it is fine.

I remember to make anchor charts for reading, writing, math.... but admittedly I haven't been doing them for important things like how I expect children to behave.  I needed an excuse {lol} to buy a couple of new bundles from MelonHeadz so after purchasing Nikki's Kidlettes Bundle and Classroom Cuties Bundle I put together a set of 10 cards to remind my students to be the best student they can be:)  I attached the cards to ribbon using my handy dandy glue gun and presto ~ one super cute anchor chart!




And yes ~ another freebie!
If you would like a free copy of these cards then click on any of the pictures or HERE!

I also made some signs for various bins in my classroom and I thought some of you might be able to use them, too.  You can get your copy by clicking HERE.


Thank you for reading to the end ~ this was a long one!
Just one more quick thing ~ thank you to those of you who helped me out last week with how to leave a comment with a link back to my blog.  I really appreciated it!

I'd love to hear from you if you download the freebies:)
Bye for now,
Natalie

10 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and now I am a follower! Thank you for this freebie! My principal is always talking about putting things into "I can" statements for the children so this is wonderful for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following me! I am thrilled to hear that you can use the anchor charts:)
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Thank you so much for all of the cute freebies!
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome! I hope you find them helpful. Thank you for taking time to stop by:)
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your labels! Super cute...thanks for the freebies :)

    www.polkadotsandpushpins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I hope you find the freebies useful:)
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie,
    Thank you so much for the cute labels. You are very generous! I just found your blog and I'm now following you. I would love for you to drop by mine and pick up some freebies for yourself when you have some time!
    Patti :)
    A Series of 3rd Grade Events

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome! I am so glad you like the labels! I follow you on TpT but I am going to pop over and visit you at you blog. I will happily become your newest follower:)
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Natalie! I just found your blog through the TpT weekly email. I downloaded your cute anchor chart and then browsed around your store. I love your products! I then stopped by to check your blog out! It's adorable and I have become your newest follower! I have a new blog as well and would love for you to stop by and say Hi sometime. :)

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! What wonderful labels!!! Thanks for sharing. Love your site. So glad I found you.
    Griffith's 3rd Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete