Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Polar Bears and a Sale!

This is just going to be a quick post because I am supposed to be working on progress reports!  They are due on Friday so I better get my butt in gear!

So I just wanted to let you know that I finished my unit on Incredible Polar Bears!!!


I love and adore penguins and they will always be my first love - but - I did penguins last year and too many of my kiddos looped up with me this year so....back to the drawing board.  I am excited about this unit and I know we will all learn a ton! Like "Penguin Perfect" this unit focuses on non-fiction text features.  I have made an interactive booklet where students will record information learned that day and they will also cut and paste a description of the text feature used on that page.  I have included examples of how I use the pages so it is really easy to follow.




Now I wanted to really get the best bang with this unit so I also created 5 literacy centers and 5 word work centers to go with the unit.



You will also get a student fill in the blanks interactive booklet to go with the story "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?" by Eric Carle.  And of coarse there is a cute little polar bear craftivity that can be done at the end of the unit and to make it "educational" I included a page where students record what they have learned and this can be displayed on the back of the polar bear.


I won't be diving into this unit for a bit but I wanted to let you know about it since I am having an end of the month sale that is still on tomorrow so you can grab it now and save a bit:)  Click on any of the pictures if you are interested in having a look.

Bye for now,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment